Below are some links of interest to Winnipeg Ostomy Association members.
Ostomy Canada Society sites
- Ostomy Canada Society Home Page
- Friends of Ostomates Worldwide (Canada)
- Member Chapters and Support Groups of Ostomy Canada Society
- Calgary Ostomy Society
- Edmonton Ostomy Association
- London & District Ostomy Association (LDOA)
- Ileostomy and Colostomy Association of Montreal
- Hamilton & District Ostomy Association
- Ostomy Halifax Society
- Niagara Ostomy Association
- Ottawa Ostomy Support Group
- Regina Ostomy Association
- Saskatoon Ostomy Association
- Ostomy Toronto
- Ostomy Patient Teaching Booklets by Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC)
- A Handbook for New Ostomy Patients by Vancouver Ostomy Association
- A Handbook for New Ostomy Patients by Hamilton and District Ostomy Association
United Ostomy Associations of America, Inc. sites
The United Ostomy Association, Inc. ceased operations on September 30. 2005. They have reformed, with a different structure, under the name “United Ostomy Associations of America, Inc.”
- United Ostomy Associations of America, Inc. replaces UOA in the U.S.A.
- UOAA Discussion Board. A forum to support people with ostomies and other intestinal/urinary diversions.
- Friends of Ostomates Worldwide-USA, Inc.
- Quality Life Association
Other UOAA Groups
- UOAA List of Affiliated Support Groups
- United Ostomy Association of Chicago
- OstomyOK.org, Bob Baumel’s creation, This site is shared by a number of non-profit, volunteer-run ostomy support groups.
Other Ostomy sites
- International Ostomy Association
- The British Colostomy Association
- The Ileostomy & Internal Pouch Support Group
ET nurse related sites
- The World Council of Enterostomal Therapists
- Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC)
- Find a NSWOC (A website where you can find a nurse specialized in wound, ostomy, and continence in Canada!)
- Wound Ostomy & Continence Nurses Society
Ostomy Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Hollister Ltd., Canada, ostomy supply manufacturer. (Can. 1-800-263-7400)
- BBraun of Canada, ostomy supply manufacturer.
- Canada Care Medical, Ostomy products from the world’s leading manufacturers. (Can. 1-800-267-8855)
- Coloplast Canada, ostomy supply manufacturer. (Can. 1-888-880-8605)
- COS Medical, Inc., continent ostomy products and other medical supplies.
- ConvaTec, a major ostomy supply manufacturer. (Can. 1-800-465-6302)
- Cymed Ostomy Co., ostomy supply manufacturer. (U.S. 1-800-582-0707)
- Dansac, ostomy supply manufacturer.
- T.G. Eakin Ltd, ostomy seals, available through ConvaTec in Canada (Toll-Free Can. (1-877-437-1777)
- Marlen, ostomy supply manufacturer. (US (216) 292-7060)
- Nu-Hope, ostomy supply manufacturer. (Toll-Free Can. & USA 1-800-899-5017)
- OstomyWeb.com is an online venture launched by our company, Ontario Ostomy Supply Ltd. (Can. 1-800-387-5150)
- Osto-EZ-Vent, an air release vent company, In Canada, Cooper Med. (Can. 1-800-567-2881) or Ontario Ostomy Supply Ltd. (Can. 1-800-387-5150)
- Parthenon Company, (Devrom & DecKo), U.S. Mail and Online order company.
Crohn’s and Colitis related sites
Other Health related sites
Local Winnipeg Sites
- Manitoba Health
- CancerCare Manitoba
- Concordia Hospital
- Deer Lodge Centre
- Grace Hospital
- Health Science Center Winnipeg
- Misericordia Health Centre
- Seven Oaks General Hospital
- St. Boniface Hospital
- St. Boniface General Hospital Research Centre
- Victoria General Hospital
- Manitoba Blue Cross