COVID-19 UPDATE – NOV. 2020
As we continue to navigate through these uncharted waters of COVID-19, The Manitoba Ostomy Program wants to reassure you that we are still here to help you with your ostomy related questions and concerns.
Manitoba NSWOC nurses continue to provide assessments by appointment for anyone requiring an appointment. In addition to in-person ostomy clinic assessments, the Manitoba Ostomy Program is also able to offer a variety of ways to connect with you including by telephone consultation, through MBTelehealth, and now virtually through platforms such as Zoom, Facetime and Microsoft teams. Please call us to discuss which appointment type is best for you.
Ensuring that you can obtain your supplies reliably and securely is very important to us. Here are a few suggestions to help:
- When you are ordering your ostomy supplies, please have your name, 9 digit Manitoba Health number and your product order numbers ready.
- You may have to leave your order on the voice mail due to the higher than the usual number of calls that are being received.
- At this time you can order up to 3 months of supplies.
- When picking up your order, there is currently no access to the building at 59 Pearl St. You need to go to shipping door #5. Simply drive up to shipping door #5 and ring the bell, an attendant there will retrieve your order for you.
- A reminder, you MUST wear a non-medical mask when picking up your ostomy supplies at 59 Pearl Street.
- Rural area deliveries will continue through Canada Post
- Re-order when you have 1 month of supplies remaining so that if there are any delays with Canada Post or issues with your order, there is time to troubleshoot and arrange for alternative supplies.
The vendors that supply the products for the Manitoba Ostomy Program continue to reassure us that they are on track to continue to supply your needs without any disruption in service or product availability. Please call your NSWOC nurse or the Manitoba Ostomy program if you have any questions.
Carisa Lux RN BN NSWOC
MOP Program Coordinator